Saturday, January 26, 2013

 There's nothing like a little burlap, mason jar and lace to create that perfect table setting for a rustic style wedding.  On the left you see three silverware holders that I recently made using lace, burlap and a little left over fabric.  I actually cut the burlap and sewed up the sides.  Then, I used hot glue to secure the lace.  The fabric flower really gave the holders that "pop" that was needed.  Take a long strip of fabric about an inch wide and 30ish inches long, stitch one side (I did this by hand making long stitches) and then pull to make the ruffle.  Wind the ruffle into a flower and add a fabric coverd button to the middle.  Beautiful!!!  Little hint:  next time I will use the burlap ribbon to make the holder and hot glue the sides, this should be quicker and just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment